Sunday, April 30, 2006

Intent

Intent

Recently I was inspected for a driving violation; this caused me quite a bit of distress. I wrote about the incident in great detail and it seems that some people think that I had intended to incite a problem for the officer that pulled me over.

“When is a crime not a crime?”

When we look at what happened we have to ask ourselves this question about the intent of the person that is suspected of committing a crime. Did my actions put another person in jeopardy? Assuming you read my writings of the event found here http://tgwbmyjournal.blogspot.com/2006/04/five-years-later-what-happened-4-19.html I would ask about the intent of the police officer and his conduct during and after the traffic stop. Did he have intent to cause harm to me or my reputation? Good police work always keeps society safe, and respects life and liberty, the values of our State and Federal Constitutions.

It is intent that sets people apart from sin and allows the innocent freedom to say they are not guilty. Some guilty people have learned to use this concept of intention to perpetrate crimes and claim they didn’t know what they were doing was wrong. In my case as soon as I was aware of what I did or in this case didn’t do, I knew I made a mistake and fully owned my error. I had no intent to drive in violation to any law. The teachings of the religious authorities would have me lie to my self and others to conclude that I am not perfect and this proves that I am a sinner and need to be absolved or forgiven of my great sin; I say that this just isn’t so. I’m human and we all make errors, but to err is human and not a sin. That is what I know, and that is what I teach, and that is what I preach. I share this knowledge with everyone that I come into contact with.

A sin is a deliberate action to cause harm to others or our environment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home